Organic search generates 53.3% of all web traffic. DesignRush interviewed SEO experts for tips on how to attract more organic traffic this holiday season.
, /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — BrightEdge reported that organic search is the dominant digital channel, accounting for 53.3% of web traffic. 49% of marketers also say it provides the highest ROI, according to a survey conducted by Search Engine Journal. This makes it a must for small businesses to invest in a good SEO strategy.
DesignRush, a B2B marketplace that connects businesses to agencies, used its network of 16,000 agencies to get quick insights – or “QuickSights” – on how small businesses can stand out online and drive more organic visitors to their sites over the holiday season .
1) DO KEYWORDS RESEARCH & SEARCH BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS
According to Consumr Buzz CEO Jeffrey Diebner, a good SEO strategy for small businesses starts with keyword research and understanding users’ search patterns.
“The first step is to research related keywords. Use free search tools like Google Search Console to get this data,” said Diebner. “Then use a tool like Google Trends to study the highs and lows of last year’s holiday patterns to find out when people are searching for your products or services. This will give you a solid foundation on the use of keywords that you will use to optimize your website.”
WriterArmy CEO and founder Sully Chaudhary suggests creating a personal brand to build trust.
“Work on your personal brand content over the holidays to drive sales,” said Chaudhary. “Create content for founders/co-founders and sellers by combining useful information and promotions. 74% of Americans trust someone with a significant personal brand, and I expect that number to grow even more.”
3) CREATE ORIGINAL CONTENT FOR AFFILIATES
As explained by Christine Wetzler, founder and president of Pietryla PR & marketing, companies should avoid copying product information so that their content will rank better.
“I am asking for thoughtful and original content if you use affiliate links and product information,” said Wetzler. “The use of submitted product information during the holiday season is quite common. There is a misconception that affiliate links hurt SEO, but that’s only when you use them with repetitive content like cutting and pasting from the product description. If the content adds value and is relevant, Google doesn’t mind the affiliate link.”
4) TARGET HOLIDAY KEYWORDS & USE SEMANTIC KEYWORDS
According to Content Spotlight founder Somnath Roy, companies will see an increase in organic traffic if they strategically use keywords in their posts.
“SEO agencies should focus on creating new blog posts promoting a variety of holiday-related products, targeting them with relevant keywords,” said Roy. “These keywords should be well researched and chosen wisely, and LSI semantic keywords should also be included in the article. These posts should be able to drive significant organic traffic to the site and drive engagement.”
5) CREATE A CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP
Michelle Fouche, director of commerce and lateral development, notes that an effective user map can help keep visitors interested in your site.
“Plan the exact path your visitors will take when they land on your site,” Fouche said. “If you want them to shop, organize your products so they’re easy to find. Don’t lose sales because your visitors are forced to try to understand your site’s layout or sales process. The more links to sales pages, the better. “
6) INSERT THE YEAR IN THE TITLES TO INDICATE CURRENT TIME
Mouna El Maazouzi, a member of the SEO team at Howdy Code, notes that up-to-date posts are more likely to attract visitors.
“Our advice would be to add ‘year’ to the end of post titles; for example, putting 2023 in the title grabs the reader’s attention, especially [as] the new year is just around the corner,” Maazouzi said. “It shows that you have the latest information, so it increases the click-through rate of articles, which in turn translates into better rankings.”
DesignRush has identified the best small business SEO companies that can help organizations build an online presence and stand out from the competition.
The best SEO companies for small businesses in November are:
1. Consumr Buzz – consumrbuzz.com Expertise: Local SEO, Digital Advertising, Web Design and More
2. Pure Code Digital Agency – purecodedigital.com Specialization: digital marketing, SEO, web design and more
3. Digital success – digitalsuccess.us Expertise: SEO, PPC, content marketing and more
4. Hot Local Spot – hotlocalspot.com Expertise: Local SEO, Link Building, Digital Marketing & More
5. WriterArmy – writerarmy.com Expertise: content marketing, SEO White Label, local SEO and more
6. Pietryla PR & amp; Marketing – pietrylapr.com Expertise: digital marketing, content creation, web development and more
7. Content Spotlight – contentpotlight.org Expertise: eCommerce SEO, Amazon SEO, link building and more
8. Lateral Trade & Development – tradelateral.co.za Expertise: Website Design, Website Audit, SEO & More
9. Howdy Code – howdycode.com Expertise: Digital Marketing, Web Development, SEO & More
10. SEO Help – seoassistance.net Expertise: local SEO, eCommerce SEO, link building and more
11. Diazutech – diazutech.com Expertise: Web Development, SEO, Digital Marketing & More
12. Digital Spring – digitalspring.bg Specialization: Digital Marketing, Web Development, SEO and more
13. Civono – civono.com Expertise: Email Marketing, SEO, Web Development and More
14. Centaur Interactive – centaurinteractive.com Expertise: web design, PPC, SEO and more
15. ThermoDynamo – thermodynamo.com Expertise: SEO, web development, web design and more
16. DS&P Digital Marketing Agency – dial911fordesign.com Specialization: social media management, web design, SEO and more
17. Regional Roar – regionalroar.com.au Specialization: copywriting, SEO, web design and more
18. Immaculate Advisors – pristineadvisers.com Expertise: Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, SEO & More
Brands can browse the best small business SEO firms by location, size, average hourly rate, and portfolio on DesignRush.
DesignRush.com is a B2B marketplace connecting companies with agencies through expert reviews and agency ranking lists, awards, knowledge resources and personalized agency recommendations for proven projects.
Maja Skokleska, DesignRush, 8008565417, firstname.lastname@example.org